The Fall 2021 edition of the ILR Research Review covers a diverse array of challenges in civil liability, from high-tech to low-tech, and from lawsuits over depictions of “happy cows” to biometric privacy litigation. Specifically, the litigation issues discussed include:
- Biometric privacy legislation dos and don’ts
- Multidistrict litigation problems and solutions
- Consumer views of third party litigation funding in the European Union
- Securities class actions after the U.S. Supreme Court’s Cyan decision
- Trends in food & beverage litigation
- The threatening growth of municipality litigation
Each of these areas presents a complex set of challenges that are fully explored in the research. They also urgently demand solutions, which the reader can find at the conclusion of each paper.