ILR has announced the top five vote getters of its 1st Annual Most Ridiculous Lawsuit of the Year Poll. Nominees were drawn from the monthly Most Ridiculous Lawsuit poll winners, chosen by visitors to FacesofLawsuitAbuse.org, a public awareness campaign Web site that aims to show how abusive lawsuits affect small businesses and average families in very real ways.
The top five Most Ridiculous Lawsuits of 2009 are:
- Neighbor sues woman for smoking in her own home;
- Double-murderer sues to claim his victims’ classic Chevy pickup;
- Holocaust denier sues Auschwitz survivor, alleging memoir contains “fantastical tales;”
- Tourist sues hotel, claiming swimming pool got daughter pregnant;
- Illegal immigrants sue rancher who stopped them on his property at gunpoint and turned them over to the Border Patrol.
Read More: Most Ridiculous Lawsuits of 2009 Announced